A tour of Bulgaria that takes you to three of its UNESCO World Heritage sites – the famous Boyana Church and its beautiful…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Flights and Tranfers
A tour of Bulgaria that takes you to three of its UNESCO World Heritage sites – the famous Boyana Church and its beautiful 10th century frescoes, the Rila Monastery, known for its stunning architecture and cultural significance and the Old Town of Nessebar, an architectural reserve that’s home to churches built as far back as the 4th century AD. You will also get to explore the cities of Sofia and Plovdiv and see their top attractions. This tour gives you the unique opportunity to experience one of the mountain ranges of Bulgaria and its beautiful seaside on the same trip, as well as experience the flawless hospitality this country in known for at luxury hotels and restaurants.
Bulgaria Trip Highlights:
- See the UNESCO listed Boyana Church, known for its unique frescoes
- Visit Rila Monastery – another UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Travel to Nessebar’s Old Town on the Black Sea –UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore two of Bulgaria’s most beautiful cities – Sofia and Plovdiv
- Experience Rila Mountain and the Black Sea coast within the same trip
- Take advantage of the SPA & Wellness centers at the hotels
- Enjoy luxury accommodation throughout the trip
Arrival at SofiaOn arrival at Sofia airport, a driver will be waiting in the arrivals hall and you will be transferred directly to the hotel and the tour starts after breakfast on the second day. Overnight at Sofia.
SofiaWe’ll start our trip with a sightseeing tour of Sofia’s top attractions. Its busy streets, the beautiful Baroque architecture in the Center and the park possess a lively charm that leaves you eager to explore, but the monuments and landmarks it is most famous for deserve our full attention. Overnight in Sofia.
The Rila MonasteryWe’ll start the day with a trip to Rila Monastery – the biggest monastery in Bulgaria and one of the country’s most emblematic cultural landmarks, recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. Overnight at a beautiful hotel located only 600 m away from the monastery.
Hike in the Rila mountain and the city of PlovdivWe will start the day with a hike in Rila mountain. On this trail we will see the beautiful slopes of Rila Mountain and one of the most beloved natural landmarks in Bulgaria – the Seven Rila Lakes. We’ll use the lift to get to the start of the hiking trail and back. The hike is not too difficult and is suitable for hikers of all levels of experience. After that we head for Plovdiv. We will go out for some sightseeing, starting with a walk down the Main Shopping Street to see the ancient Roman Stadium and its uncovered northern part, which is open to visitors. Next is Kapana (i.e. “the Trap”) – Plovdiv’s famed art corner, made up of a labyrinth of intertwining streets lined with modern art stores, stylish little cafes, building walls colorfully painted by talented street artists and constantly changing pieces of modern art scattered around every corner. We will have two days to see as much of Plovdiv as we want, so we can leave some of these sights for the next day. Overnight in Plovdiv.
The Bachkovo Monastery and the Old Town of PlovdivIn the morning, after breakfast we head for Bachkovo Monastery, only half an hour away from Plovdiv. The area around the monastery has several traditional Bulgarian restaurants where we can sit down for lunch and get a taste of the local cuisine. Later we’ll have time for some more sightseeing in Plovdiv and its Old Town. Overnight in Plovdiv.
NessebarAfter breakfast, we’ll be transported to the Black Sea coast via the Trakia Motorway. It takes slightly over 3 hours to reach our destination – the town of Nessebar (also spelled Nesebar). With a history of over 3200 years, it is one of the most ancient settlements in Europe. Overnight in Sunny Beach.
Sunny BeachWe’ll spend our last day on the coast sunbathing on the beach, enjoying a variety of SPA treatments at the hotel’s wellness centre, or just relaxing and enjoying our stay. We can also go on short excursions on the seaside on request. Overnight in Sunny Beach.
Transfer to Sofia airportTransfer to Sofia airport after breakfast.
- An experienced and knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide
- 7 overnights at luxury 3 and 4-star hotels along the way, in double rooms
- Half-board (all breakfasts and dinners)
- Transfer to the airport at the end of the trip
- In country transportation
What’s not included:
- Entrance fees
- Additional fee for single room
- International/domestic airfares and tax
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Any personal expenditure
- Beverages and any alcoholic drinks
- Any other services not clearly mentioned on itinerary and trip inclusive portion
- Some tours offer optional extra excursions which are not included in the price
- Travel Insurance
- Sun cream
- Walking shoes